1. In pursuance of the Cabinet decision on 1st Cadre Review of Indian Post & Telecommunications Accounts and Finance Service (IP & TAFS) Group: "A" notified vide OM no 03-09-2015 SEA-I dated 10-11-2016, the President was pleased to create O/o The Controller General of Communication Accounts (CGCA), an attached office of DoT.
2. The CGCA will be an apex level in-cadre post of (IP&TAFS) Group: "A" Cadre.
3. The CGCA shall report to the Member ( Finance), Digital Communications Commission.
4. The CGCA shall monitor the functions delegated by DoT Hqs. to the field offices ( viz. Pr. CsCA/CsCA) under the overall supervision and control of Member ( F).
5. The CGCA shall also be entrusted with the function of cadre managment of Group 'C' officials posted in the aforesaid field units.
6. The CGCA will be responsible for co-ordination , recruitment, recruitment rules etc. for the Group 'C' cadre.
7. CGCA will also carry out internal audit of Pr. CCA/CCA offices and other DoT units such as TERM Cells etc.